Join the AMS Micromedical team
Change lives with your unique talents, experience and expertise. As part of the AMS Micromedical team, you’ll help create leading micro medical devices and other micro solutions that improve the lives of practitioners and patients worldwide. Learn more about our home, Sparta, Wisconsin.
Wire EDM Operator, CNC Operator (Programmer)
1st shift position
6:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Monday – Thursday
Some of the most talented machinists on the planet work here and we are looking for more. AMS Micromedical is a science and engineering based company that manufactures components used in several medical device fields including dental implants, robotic assisted surgery, laparoscopic vessel sealing, and many others.
The AMS employees, equipment, software, and unique environment make this an extraordinary place to work. We currently have an opening for a CNC/Wire EDM Operator in our milling department. We use PowerMILL and Bobcat software, and have Haas VMC, Kitamura HMC machines that are four and five axis capable as well as an AMSTech Wire EDM
Compensation is commensurate with your experience, and we offer a full benefits package.
- Improve manufacturing processes by analyzing the current state and finding opportunities for improvements by changing tooling and cutting processes to decrease product cost and cost related to handling, quality and supply chain.
- Operate, setup, and perform complex programming on CNC mills
- Inspect and measure finished products and compare them to customer requirements
- Work together with engineers to achieve customer requirements and solve any problems that may arise.
- Required to complete prototype and one-off parts
- Performs routine maintenance tasks on machine as required
- Maintain a clean and organized work area
- Lean and continuous improvement
- Ensure safe work practices
- Associates degree from two-year college in machining and programming preferred.
- Minimum four years related manufacturing and programming preferred.
- Ability to run Wire EDM and CNC machines (vertical and horizontal mills); as well as ability to read G and M code
- Experience programming CNC code on software like PowerMill or Mastercam preferred
- Ability to read manufacturing prints (dimensioning and geometric constraints)
- Experience with measuring tools (calipers, micrometers, indicators, gauge blocks, pins, cmm, and vision systems)
- Basic understanding of cutting tool designs and styles used in milling is required
- Software requirements: Microsoft Office, Solidworks, Powermill, Mastercam, Bobcat, plus experience with ERP systems
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- 10 hour shift
- Day shift
- No weekends
Supplemental pay types:
- Bonus pay
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Sparta, WI 54656: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Machining: 4 years (Preferred)
- Day Shift (Required)
Work Location: In person
Application FormJob application form
"*" indicates required fields